“Down a Rabbit Hole”

8/11/16

I contacted Republic via "chat" which is essentially email, because it takes approx. 1-24 hours to get a response and wanted a phone they sold but did not want the one color option remaining and also the phones were overpriced compared to the general market, so I inquired as to whether or not I could purchase my own phone and sign up anyway. Because of the lag time between questions and answers it was a very slow process to communicate. The rep was very nice but did not explain with specificity what exactly I should be looking for in a phone to make it compatible. Because it wasn't communicated clearly, I ended up down a rabbit hole with the wrong phone. Another rep in my opinion became very defensive, and although the first rep apologized which I appreciated, the time and effort it took was too much. When I asked to "speak" to a supervisor, no one contacted me. I would say it's best to stick with companies that have actual phone numbers so you can talk to customer service. I would not recommend this company for that reason and also I don't feel they made good on the mistakes they made with me.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. P_97234 is quite happy with sincered apology from one representative and stated that there is a room for improvement of prices of phones were on the high side. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "misinformation, slow customer service, no follow up w supervisor" of republic wireless customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Republic Wireless needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned republic wireless customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Republic Wireless.

Comments

San Diego, California, United States #1247243

I have to agree with the comments that others have posted. I have a non-working phone as well due to an app that was installed such as an anti-virus software or battery saver software that messes with the republic wireless phones.

Not in any time in using this plan for over a year now, has anyone ever mentioned that. I have had this problem for several months and no one has discussed this. It should be sent to you as soon as you join before you activate your phone as many people have emailed me with the same problem I have, can't use GPS maps except offline and can't surf the internet. i have to go back to a factory setting.

I have spent hours and hours in chat and it is very frustrating to talk to this company and not have a call center or a supervisor to talk to. They put up a lot of hoops and closed chat when i asked for a physical address to send a letter to.

Sounds fishy doesn't it. Really need to use a company that has a walk-in store to help you.